Sunday, June 7, 2009

Why do we meet and discuss?

I can genuinely accept that I am not going to be able to think my way to Enlightenment. Why then do we meet in sangha and discuss things at all? Why don't we just meet and meditate together? I mean, if my ultimate objective is Self-realization, why talk at all?

Anything that is said is ultimately a bunch of BS. Even that from Jim and Kevin, and I believe they'd heartily agree. Yeah, it points more in the direction of the truth than anything else, but if it isn't true, then it's false, and so we're all sitting around lying to each other whether we mean to or not.

I know I'm setting myself up for a typical koan-ic response, but if nothing that I can say or think is real, and if all I need to do is realize that the self that I've identified with for over forty years is just a dream and my real Self is the source of the ENTIRE dream, then why can't I just get that and stop thinking about every thing else?

I know, I know: well get it then, already, and let's move on to the "Well, how's Enlightenment working for you, Sean?" days. I just haven't FIGURED OUT (yes, I KNOW) how to make the leap from ACCEPTING that to KNOWING that. Which is EXACTLY why I come do the dang Sunday Sanghas. Freaking circular logic.

So I come to the Sunday Sanghas without any expectation of what I'm going to say or hear, only in hopes that one of these days I WILL get it. Until then I will enjoy Jim's haikus and artwork, become befuddled by the the devilish observations made by the Enlightened ones, and listen to me and the rest of the somnambulists as we continue to talk in our sleep. Grrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all - YAY FOR NEW BLOG POST FROM SEAN.
Secondly - man, these were my sentiments exactly last week. Hitting that proverbial - "talking isn't helping" wall. But how else do we release our mental shackles - strip away the paradigms, as you've been noting lately - without appeasing the gray matter with the chatter?

Besides that, I don't go to talk - I go to experience, to absorb the energies, and to allow my consciousness to be in the presence of those who have realized what I strive to remember. That's worth the price of admission right there - and worth tolerating a whole lotta brain talk.

Plus I love you.